24th Annual Friends For Life Pet Photo Contest
June 1st, 2022, through July 29th, 2022, 6:00 p.m.
- Each picture entered requires a $10 entry fee.
- Voting begins June 1st, 2022 and ends July 29th, 2022 at 6:00 p.m.
- All donations are tax-deductible.
- Votes can be cast online, by mail, or at the Montgomery Humane Society.
- Each vote is one dollar and there is no limit on the number of votes a person can cast.
- Most importantly, all proceeds go to help the shelter animals.
Rules and Information
1. Each entry will be $10 to the Montgomery Humane Society, 1150 John Overton Drive, Montgomery, AL 36110.
2. Enter as many photos as you desire, however, each photo requires an entry form and a $10 donation (make checks payable to the Montgomery Humane Society).
3. Entries will be accepted from June 1st through Friday, July 29th, 2022.
4. Emphasis of the photo should be on pets, not people. All pictures submitted to “The Pet Photo Contest” are required to support/further the mission of the Montgomery Humane Society. All photographs will go through an approval process prior to being entered into the contest. The MHS reserves the right to refuse any photograph.
5. Eligibility. Everyone is eligible to participate in the 2022 “Friends for Life” Pet Photo Contest and Fundraiser. It is a fundraiser for the Montgomery Humane Society, so all entries and monies are welcome. However, entries from employees and members of the Board of Directors of the Montgomery Humane Society are not eligible to win the coveted “Pet of the Year Cover Page” in the MHS 2023 “Friends for Life” Calendar.
6. Anyone may vote for any entry in the 2022 “Friends for Life” Pet Photo Contest and Fundraiser. Each $1.00 donation to the Montgomery Humane Society counts as one vote. You may cast as many votes as you like at any time for any entry. You are allowed and encouraged to vote for your own pets. Who loves them more than you do? Please remember that all votes are donations to help care for and feed the homeless animals at the Shelter and 100% of all donations go directly to care of the animals.
7. This year, 84 photos will be featured in the MHS 2023 “Friends for Life” calendar:
a. The photo receiving the most votes will be the “Pet of the Year” and that photo will grace the cover of the MHS 2023 “Friends for Life” Calendar and also be featured as the January 2023 “Pet of the Month”. The photo receiving the most votes will also win a complimentary 11×14 oil Pet Portrait by Artist, Steven Davis.
b. We will feature 14 “Pets of the Month” (includes the “Pet of the Year” featured as January 2023, pet of the month).
(1) The top 13 photos receiving the most votes (1 through 13) will be featured as a “Pet of the Month” in the calendar.
(2) “Best In Show” competition. A panel of three judges will choose one “best photo” that will be the 14th “Pet of the Month”.
c. The next 70 top vote recipients (14 through 84) will be featured as “Pets of the Week” where we will feature five “Pets of the Week” for each month in the MHS 2023 “Friends for Life” Calendar.
8. On-line voting via www.montgomeryhumane.com will end at 6:00 pm CST on July 29th. At 6:00 p.m. we will begin our special overtime voting period via Zoom meeting. In order to vote during the special overtime voting period, you need to register by emailing email@example.com.
9. To avoid a group of individuals trying to be the last one to cast their vote and to ensure that no one will be denied the opportunity to vote, in fairness to all we will have an overtime period.
- At 6:00 p.m. we will end online voting and begin our special overtime voting via Zoom.
- Each person attending the Zoom overtime voting period will be allowed to vote a minimum of $25 for any and all entries they wish.
- If you stay for the next round you must vote at least the new minimum amount which will go up an additional $25 each round. For example, round 2=$50 minimum.
- After each round, the leader board will be posted after all persons have cast their vote(s).
- If people are still wanting to vote for round 3 and subsequent rounds, the procedure will be the same with the minimum vote increasing each round by $25 per round. Round 3 – $75; Round 4 – $100; Round 5 – $125, etc.
- The overtime period will continue until all Zoom participants inform us that they are finished voting.